[EURO-Discuss] PROBLEM: VOTE CREDENTIALS: EURALO Secretariat

Manuel Schneider manuel.schneider at wikimedia.ch
Fri Jun 28 08:15:05 UTC 2013

Hoi Dick,

Am 28.06.2013 02:09, schrieb Dick Kalkman:
> So voting was possible for Yuliya, Oksana or None.
>
> However the Bigpuls voting system said:
[...]
> So voting is possible for Yuliya, Oksana but NOT for None.
>
> This leads to the conclusion that this election process is inconsistent
> with the last week election at the GA.
[...]
> My first impression is that one voting option ("none") is missing. At
> least this is confusing and leads to the question why is this
> implemented this way?

that has been discussed prior the new vote has been set up and apart of
the fact that we want to come to a real result this time also the bylaws
are clear about this:

----
11.20 For all elections in the General Assembly, candidates shall
require an absolute majority of votes of the participating members. If
no candidate receives an absolute majority a run-off election shall take
place between the two candidates with the greatest number of votes.
----

The two candidates with the greatest number of votes were Yulja and
Oksana, "None of the above" is not a candidate ;-)

You can find the blyaws now online (the newest revision):
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/Articles+of+Association

Groeten,

Manuel
Lausanne, +41 (21) 34066-22 - www.wikimedia.ch