[EURO-Discuss] PROBLEM: VOTE CREDENTIALS: EURALO Secretariat

Dick Kalkman d.h.kalkman at isoc.nl
Fri Jun 28 07:46:47 UTC 2013

Dear Wolf,

I can not find this strange decision the (interesting) minutes of the
board meeting. The discussion ended with "Wolf Ludwig: Simple repetition
of the previous vote, same candidates, no new nominations, same voters."
Nothing about new procedures a.s.o.

Two additional points:
1. Refraining from casting is not the same as a blank or none vote.
2. My testing of the voting procedures and voting system may not be
confused and/or framed with my voting preference.

So, the voting problems are not transparently based on bylaws and/or a
GA decision and/or a board decision and/or international recognized and
accepted voting principles.

Yes, you can indeed reduce options to come up with a clear result on the
candidates, but that means that you limit the number of candidates. You
don't violate international recognized and accepted voting principles!
It's an upside world if you adopt voting rights and a voting system to
optically compensate for failing bylaws (or failing bylaw interpretations).
On this base the voting system and the voting results can not be
supported and accepted.

For the best of EURALO I prefer a quick, clear and acceptable
operational solution by correcting and restarting the bigpulse voting by
adding the none option.
Just apply the common rule that in the second round the candidate with
the most votes wins.

Best regards,

Dick Kalkman

President Internet Society The Netherlands
ISOC The Netherlands Chapter

E: d.h.kalkman at isoc.nl
I: http://isoc.nl
A: Prins Willem-Alexanderhof 5