[EURO-Discuss] Proposal to move forward regarding the election of Euralo officers

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Mon Jun 24 15:25:24 UTC 2013

Hi Christopher,

after all discussions and the extraordinary Board meeting we had in Lisbon, your suggestion under point 1 is simply NOT feasible and in any compliance with our Bylaws (just to take any strange voting result in a first round as granted and loose valuable time for another two years). If Eric as the first ALS contact won't be available for another vote these days, another contact for ISOC-Wallonie must step in (you or another person designed for this or such cases).

Regarding your last point: As repeatedly noted before, ALAC members and the like were always considered as part of the EURALO Board without voting rights on the Board. And the same should be applicable for Sébastien and any active member as well!

Thanks and regards,
Wolf

Christopher Wilkinson wrote Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:04:
>Good morning:
>
>1.	May I clarify that I do not support repeating the EURALO election.
>	If the meeting on 19 June was flawed in any way, we may put that down to experience and do it better next time.
>
>2.	Should you decide to go ahead with another vote, please note that Eric Tomson is not on-line for the time being for personal reasons.
>	The ISOC-Wallonie vote will have to be cast by myself.
>
>3.	I would suggest to Sébastien, as an ICANN Board member,  to abstain from internal EURALO matters.
> 	It just reinforces unnecessarily the impression that At Large and the RALOS are too closely tied to ICANN policies.
>
>Best regards to you all,
>
>Christopher
>
>PS:	 Travelling, I have not followed the whole thread about this since leaving Lisbon.
>
>On 23 Jun 2013, at 12:06, Sébastien Bachollet <sebastien at bachollet.com> wrote:

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/
mobile +41 79 204 83 87