[EURO-Discuss] Final Announcements for the Lisbon GA

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Sun Jun 9 15:54:47 UTC 2013

Dear all,

it’s almost done. The draft Board report, draft Agenda and the call for nominations for EURALO Officers and Board members were circulated on this list on 21 May and onwards. Comments on the 2012-13 report (by Olivier) were considered. Attached please find a *finalized version* of it. It would be useful having a look on it *before* Lisbon.

The nomination period for EURALO Officers and Board members still continues until Friday 14 June (with nominations acceptance until Monday 17 June). For an overview (which is regularly updated by Staff) please see:
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments+2013
and the current Board
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/The+current+EURALO+Board
Please let us know whether Board members listed here would like to continue?

The draft Lisbon GA Agenda you can find here:
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/2013+EURALO+General+Assembly

TMK, the travel bookings for Lisbon were all accomplished some weeks ago and hotel rooms for confirmed participants are booked at the Altis hotel (Rua Castilho 11, Lisbon) for two nights – see: http://www.altishotels.com/EN/
>From Lisbon airport you either take a taxi (around € 15.--) or a public bus to the centre until the big square called Praça Marquês de Pombal and beginning of Avenida da Liberdade. Please ask the bus driver where to get off for the Altis hotel in Rua Castilho 11. It’s 5 walking minutes, right hand side, from the bus stop.

The Altis hotel is the venue of the EURALO GA on Wednesday, 19 June, 17:00 PM, the Outreach reception in the evening and EuroDIG as well the following days. Please make sure that you arrive in time for the GA!

Those of you who arrive earlier are kindly invited for a pre-event to our GA “EURALO meets ICANN Staff” where you have the chance to meet and discuss with Nigel Hickson, VP, Stakeholder Engagement, Europe and Fadi Chehade, President and CEO of ICANN. Don’t miss this unique opportunity!

Per diems for your stay in Lisbon will be wired (bank transfer) by ICANN Constituency Travel to you (when you have completed the respective form before). For any additional arrangements like extra days and nights in Lisbon etc. please note that this will be on your own expenses.

The program for the 2013 EuroDIG was accomplished these days and promises some interesting debates on European IG issues again where you are kindly invited for. For the program overview incl. pre- and side events see:
http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2013/programme

Last but note least, please note that you *must register* for EuroDIG as well, if you haven’t done so already (many of you aren’t yet!), please do so the next days (it takes few minutes only and doesn’t hurt)!
http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2012/information/registration

For any further questions, please let me know.

Wish you all a pleasant trip to Lisbon and I am pleased to welcome you soon.

Kind regards,
Wolf

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/