[EURO-Discuss] WG: EURALO upcoming Elections -- ALAC member

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Tue Jul 31 02:05:17 UTC 2012

Dear all,

we have been informed by At-Large Staff recently that we need to accomplish s/elections for two important functions the next ten days:

As you can see below, one of EURALO's ALAC members needs to be re-elected and Sandra did a great job during her first term by initiating and pushing the ICANN Academy project. Therefore I would like to suggest Sandra for a second term as a European / RALO elected ALAC member. This nomination can be supported / seconded by other members and more candidates can be suggested for this function until Friday, 10 August, according to the schedule below. If there will be more than one candidate, a vote has to be conducted between the 16 to 23 August.

Regarding the nomination for the NomCom Delegate from EURALO, a separate call for nominations will be opened the next days.

Thanks for your support in this important matter.

Kind regards,
Wolf

Silvia Vivanco wrote Fri, 27 Jul 2012 14:04
>Hi Wolf and Oksana,
>
>EURALO has elections it will need to complete in the next several weeks. The elections are for the following positions:
>

> *   ALAC member - EURALO - Sandra's term expires at the end of the 2012 AGM. She can stand for re-election.
> *   At-Large Delegate to the NomCom from Europe - Yrjö Länsipuro<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Yrjo+Lansipuro+Bio+Page> is the current representative and not eligible for a 3rd term.
>
>Although the appointment schedule for the At-Large Delegates to the NomCom as agreed by the ExCom has already been announced by staff earlier this week, we suggest the following schedule for the EURALO ALAC representative selection:
>
>1. Nominations Open:  30 July 2012
>2. Nominations Close:  10 August 2012
>3. Nomination Acceptance Deadline: On or before 15 August 2012
>4. RALO selection: Between 16-23 August 2012 (this may include a vote if desired)
>5. Result Announced: 24 August 2012
>
>Apologies that this schedule will need to take place during the European summer holidays, however it will allow the successful candidate to meet the Toronto travel deadline. If you are ok with this suggested schedule, could you please send a call for this position on Monday, 30 July?
>
>An At-Large ALAC and RALO Elections, Selections and Appointments 2012 Workspace<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+ALAC+and+RALO+Elections%2C+Selections+and+Appointments+2012> has been created. We will be creating a EURALO Election workspace shortly.
>
>Thank you!
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Silvia
>
>Silvia Vivanco
>Manager, At-Large Regional Affairs
>Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
>Telephone: + 1 (202) 570-7119
>Fax: +1 (202) 789-0104
>Cell/Mobile: +1 (202) 735-7011

EuroDIG Secretariat