[EURO-Discuss] 1st Announcement of EURALO GA in line with EuroDIG 2013

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Fri Dec 21 19:31:33 UTC 2012

Dear Werner,

thanks for the immediate confirmation of your participation - wish more will do the same! Please note, the dates for EuroDIG 2013 were changed theses days and the EuroDIG website was not updated yet. The dates I communicated - 20/21 June for EuroDIG and 19 June for our GA - are the most recent ones. Thanks for pointing to this potential confusion and

kind regards,
Wolf

W. Hülsmann (DVD e.V.) wrote Fri, 21 Dec 2012 18:58:
> [...]
>>
>> This was a busy year again when EURALO members participated in
>> various events like ICANN meetings (San Jose, Prague, Toronto),
>> EuroDIG in Stockholm, IGF in Baku as well as WCIT in Dubai. And as
>> some of you may have noticed, EURALO became a main driver in the
>> EuroDIG org. process. More details you can find under EURALO’s
>> monthly reports:
>> https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+Secretariat+Monthly+Reports
>>

>Let me announce the good news for next year first: After several
>> efforts ICANN approved to support our next face-to-face General
>> Assembly (GA) again – the first one after Mexico-City in March
>> 2009. We have a rather limited budget for this ($ 22’000) but we
>> can invite ALL of you to join us for the next EuroDIG on 20-21 June
>> in Lisbon where we will convene our GA the afternoon before.
>>
>> As EuroDIG after its 5th edition in Stockholm last year is
>> recognised as the European IGF, you also have the opportunity to
>> contribute to the agenda setting and programing for Lisbon by
>> submitting proposals. Please note that the call for proposals
>> closes at 31 December! For more details see
>> http://www.eurodig.org/important/call-for-issues-and-proposals
>>
>> We would also like to ask you to FIX the DATE for our next GA on
>> *19 June 2013 PM* – more infos will follow over the next weeks. To
>> support the planning and org. process for this GA, it would be
>> helpful to know by January who will join us in Lisbon. The earlier
>> we have a clear picture on your participation, the cheaper we can
>> arrange flights with support of ICANN Constituency Travel. Your
>> invitation to the Lisbon GA includes hotel (2 nights) and per
>> diems (3 days).
>>
>> I am very pleased that after some years without a direct meeting
>> and exchange we will have the opportunity again to promote dialogue
>> and debates among our members and to revitalize interaction at
>> EURALO.
>>
>> For the moment, I wish all of you some joyful seasonal holidays!
>>
>> Kind regards, Wolf
>>
>> EuroDIG Secretariat http://www.eurodig.org/ mobile +41 79 204 83 87
>>  Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
>>
>> EURALO - ICANN's Regional At-Large Organisation http://euralo.org
>>
>> Profile on LinkedIn http://ch.linkedin.com/in/wolfludwig
>>

>- --
>
>Dipl. Inform. Werner Hülsmann
>- - Mitglied der Deutschen Vereinigung für Datenschutz (DVD) e.V. -
>- - Anerkannter Datenschutzsachverständiger* -
>Expert for legal and technical evaluations
>for the  European Privacy Seal (EuroPriSe)**
>
>Alt-Tempelhof 13 - D-12099 Berlin
>Mobil: 0179 / 14 28 594 - FAX: 030 / 25 20 99 93
>E-Mail: huelsmann at datenschutzverein.org
>Blog: http://extdsb.info
>http://www.datenschutzverein.de
>

>*) "Beim Unabhängigen Landeszentrum für Datenschutz Schleswig-Holstein
>anerkannter Sachverständiger für IT-Produkte (rechtlich und technisch)"
>sowie Mitglied der Deutschen Sachverständigen-Gesellschaft

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/
mobile +41 79 204 83 87
Skype: Wolf-Ludwig