[EURO-Discuss] R: WG: Regional Advice requested. Association Dot. HIV 173 / Germany

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Dec 19 18:20:37 UTC 2012

Dear Bill,

thank you for bringing this up.

On 19/12/2012 18:04, William Drake wrote:
> It's not obvious to me why their non-profit status matters.  From an ICANN standpoint, they are applicants to operate a gTLD, that's why they're here.
>
> This is a good one to chew on, might be worth taking the discussion to a broader level…

This certainly is not solely a "EURALO thing". For example, we have
recently had the green light from NARALO to certify the .NYC community.
Would this mean that all "community" applications for a new gTLD from
community applicants would pass the Litmus test for At-Large Structures?
Frankly I do not know.
What I do note, though, is that At-Large can consist of non-commercial,
but also commercial organisations -- as long as they have end-users as
primary members. I wonder whether any of my predecessors have done any
digging to exactly define this?

Kind regards,

Olivier

--