[EURO-Discuss] Proposal procedure active- non-active ALSes

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Wed Aug 15 13:40:18 UTC 2012

Dear Rudi and all,

while catching up with my mails, I found your proposal regarding non-active ALSes what is supporting a necessary debate at EURALO -- Thanks!

As we had related discussions at RALO Secretariats meetings (during ICANN conferences) since almost two years, I prepared an input paper for the Singapore meeting in summer 2011 outlining such a procedure what may finally lead to a decertification of a "non-responsive" ALS. At EURALO we identified about four ALSes at least which were certified years ago but never ever participated in anything on our regional level from the beginning or over some years.

These "non-responsive" ALSes (or dead ducks) are:
- Slovenian Consumers Association,
- KEPKA, Greece,
- Ynternet.org Institute, Switzerland.

Another problem case is Terre des femmes, Germany, not responding any more (more than 18 months) and un-subscribed from the EURALO list.

At the inter-RALO Secretariats level we agreed on some basics in this respect by allowing regional particularities on definitions and how to deal with such members. Regarding definitions, I repeatedly argued that the term "non-active" or "inactive" may be inappropriate for various of our members which are not very active at current EURALO matters but do a great job in their respective country or at the spot. And at various opportunities we found proof that most of them could be mobilized for votings on the Board Director (seat 15), ALS surveys and our Bylaw modification in spring last year.

Following these considerations, I suggest to use the term "non-responsive over a longer period of time" (or more than 24 months) for our further discussions on the issue. Attached please find the input paper for Singapore what doesn't reflect the final state of our discussions and the terms I suggested.

Thanks for your inputs and
kind regards,
Wolf

Rudi Vansnick wrote Wed, 8 Aug 2012 02:48