[EURO-Discuss] REMINDER: EURALO Teleconference Tuesday 15 November 19:00 UTC

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Tue Nov 15 16:15:53 UTC 2011

Dear all,

this is a friendly reminder for our monthly call tonight, as announced by At-Large Staff already. The call will start at

20:00 CET and further details you will find in the announcement from yesterday
and on the agenda below:
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/EURALO+15.11.2011+Teleconference

Here some additional information regarding agenda item 8 on the
New gTLD event 28 November 2011 in Bern, organized by Swiss OFCOM, SWITCH and EURALO:

„In June 2011 ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers), the international authority over top-level domain names, approved an "historic" plan to dramatically increase the number of Internet address endings, called generic top-level domains (gTLDs) which is announced as "one of the biggest changes ever to the Internet's Domain Name System". This program will allow companies and organizations to create domains for their brands and the registration of generic, community or geographical names. The current president and CEO of ICANN, Rod Beckstrom: “ICANN has opened the Internet’s addressing system to the limitless possibilities of the human imagination. No one can predict where this historic decision will take us.”
This major extension to the Internet's addressing system will be presented and discussed in Switzerland on 28 November 2011 in Bern. Invited are all parties considering to apply for new gTLD's and everyone interested in the future of the Internet.“

More see: http://www.new-gtld.ch/

Hope to welcome many of you at our call later this evening!

Kind regards,
Wolf

ICANN AtLarge Staff sent Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:07: