[EURO-Discuss] Summary Minutes EURALO GA 15 September 2010

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Sep 16 09:24:07 UTC 2010

 Hello Lutz,

Le 16/09/2010 01:28, Lutz Donnerhacke a écrit :
> Only sporadically using the ICANN telco bridge. Most of the time somebody
> managed to mute the IGF input, so it was nearly worthless. Sorry.

The room we were in had horrible acoustics.
The sound system did not incorporate echo cancelling equipment, and
because of a 2 second delay, when a remote participant did not speak, we
had to mute them. This was fine for Webex users because we could see who
wanted to speak an unmute them. But for the Adigo Bridge, it was
impossible to find out. Unmuting the Adigo Bridge created a loop with
very loud feedback in the room - you might have noticed. The sound
technicians took a long time to look at the problem, without managing to
fix anything - ie. no echo cancellation equipment.
You get the idea: old and new technologies can't mix.
I am sorry that this has hindered your participation in the GA.
Warm regards,

Olivier

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD