[EURO-Discuss] Voting procedure and Results from Round 1 voting for At-Large selected Board Member for seat #15 of ICANN Board

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Fri Nov 26 18:07:22 UTC 2010

Dear all,

I agree with Annette’s considerations and call for a 2nd EURALO member consultation due to the fact that the outcome of the 1st voting was extremely tight: Sébastien ahead with one vote only (7), followed by Alan (6) and 4 abstentions besides the 2 votes for Pierre. For the second ALAC voting round this doesn’t offer a clear picture and enable guidance for my directed vote. Because there are six votes (abstentions and those for Pierre) that can be reconsidered and redirected on the remaining candidates (Sébastien and Alan) – see the EURALO results:
https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=1461UuvaaRwPXYzZm5RW7vAP

As we cannot technically organise a second voting on BigPulse on short notice, the only option is via
a) this list for a 2nd call and responses besides
b) private and direct mails I will send to all those 19 participants of the first voting.

As the votes in the first round were confidential, we do not know who abstained or voted for Pierre. Therefore, we have to ask all of you to reconfirm your vote for the remaining two candidates:
Sébastien Bachollet or Alan Greenberg.

If somebody feels unease to express her/his preference in the second round publicly on this list, you can send me a private mail (to Wolf.Ludwig at euralo.org) with Cc to At-Large Staff. This is important to reflect the will of our community in my directed vote in the second ALAC round. And we need your response *until next Sunday, 28 November at lunch time latest*!

If I don’t receive responses from all the 19 voters until Sunday, I may have to call you to make this 2nd consultation quorat again and to avoid subsequent contestations.

I am counting on your support again!

Thanks and kind regards,
Wolf