[EURO-Discuss] Fwd: [At-Large] ANNOUNCEMENT: Results from Round 1 voting for At-Large selected Board Member for seat #15 of ICANN Board

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Fri Nov 26 10:10:14 UTC 2010

Well, we don't have an option to abstain, at least not on the ballot.
"Abstention" was by not taking part in the vote, and who knows if
that was intentional or not (none votes tend to be because people
forgot or had some technical issue.)  In this case 3 people
"abstained".

I agree with you about None Of the Above.  Next time I hope.

As for direction carrying to the second round, I am pretty sure this
was discussed some months ago on an EURALO call, but don't remember
the outcome (if any.)  I think when it was discussed we might have
been anticipating a different voting method, anyway, expect someone
with a better memory will have an answer.

I would like to know as I did not see the vote from the ALSes in time
for it to influence how I voted.

Adam