[EURO-Discuss] At Large Director: electorate

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Jan 26 01:13:55 CST 2010

I've been thinking about what I said about the election process, my
concerns about the ALS as the electorate.  I don't think I was wrong
(of course!) but I have come to think it doesn't matter, as a matter
of principle the At Large should be the ones voting, as such I fully
support a directed vote. As nomcom appointed ALAC member I would be
happy to take direction on how to vote, should be for EU-RALO to
decide. (I am not sure this would be binding on future nomcom
appointees, but perhaps we can write rules that allow for a case by
case approach.)

Please, can we begin informing the ALS of the process.  All should be
subscribed to this list. But some direct outreach to individual reps
would be good. So the response rate to email about the At Large
Director vote is at least 75%.

Thanks,

Adam