[EURO-Discuss] Acceptance of nomination / ALAC

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu Dec 2 10:08:17 UTC 2010

Dear Patrick,

thank you for your kind email in which you explain your resignation from
ALAC and nominate me to take your seat for the remainder of your term.
Whist I am sad to see you go, I feel very honoured to see my name being
suggested. I take this opportunity to thank Wolfgang Kleinwaechter and
Wolf Ludwig for kindly seconding your nomination.

Before answering, may I remind you that I am currently a member of the
ICANN Nominating Committee (NomCom).

Bylaws provisions explaining the rules of appointment in this particular
case are found under Article VII, Section 8 as follows:

> > Section
> > 8:  INELIGIBILITY FOR SELECTION BY NOMINATING COMMITTEE
> >
> > "No person who serves on the Nominating Committee in any capacity shall
> > be eligible for selection by any means to any position on the Board or any
> > other ICANN body having one or more membership positions that the Nominating
> > Committee is responsible for filling, until the conclusion of an ICANN
> > annual meeting that coincides with, or is after, the conclusion of that
> > person's service on the Nominating Committee."
The end of my NomCom service coincides with the end of the Cartagena
Annual General Meeting.
I would therefore like to express my willingness to accept this future
ALAC position, effective at the end of the AGM and therefore confirm that
by that time, freed of my Nominating Committee engagement, I accept your
nomination and stand to be selected at the close of the AGM by EURALO for this
important role.

Best regards,

--
Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD