[EURO-Discuss] draft ALAC statement on ICM/xxx

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Apr 23 05:50:47 CDT 2010

I am in two minds about this, because I prefer Patrick's statement than
NARALO's statement.

That said, I also think that this whole thing is a can of worms, and
would personally prefer only the original ALAC statement to be pursued.

Either way, I'm not fussed. I realise the huge risks that ICANN might be
subjected to if it got sued. What upsets me more about the subject is
that ICANN would be at risk. That's a systemic issue, an Achilles' heel
which I find untenable and which I hope we can address in the long term.

Kind regards,

Olivier

Le 23/04/2010 12:35, William Drake a écrit :
> +1
>
> Bill
>
> On Apr 23, 2010, at 12:11 PM, Patrick Vande Walle wrote:
>

>> FWIW, I also support the NARALO statement. Actually, the comments I posted
>> in a personal capacity go in the same direction:
>> http://forum.icann.org/lists/icm-options-report/msg00523.html
>>

>> On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:59:42 +0900, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:
>>

>>> My view:  Think the ALAC draft needs clarification:  e.g. "(ALAC) is
>>> concerned with the transparency and accountability of the processes
>>> being undertaken BY STAFF and BOARD and not with any matters of
>>> content (apologies for caps :-))
>>>
>> agree.
>>

>>> "and as such the ALAC supports that the BOARD'S FURTHER CONSIDERATION
>>> OF THE ICM APPLICATION be carried out in an expedient, equitable, and
>>> defensible manner."
>>>
>> I would add : "in a manner that respects the decision of the Independent
>> Review Panel."
>>

>>> I also support the NA RALO statement.
>>>
>> FWIW, I also support the NARALO statement. Actually, the comments I posted
>> in a personal capacity go in the same direction:
>> http://forum.icann.org/lists/icm-options-report/msg00523.html
>>
>> Patrick

>> Homepage for the region: http://www.euralo.org

> William J. Drake