[EURO-Discuss] ALAC meeting with the Board, Sydney

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sat May 2 08:36:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

In Sydney ALAC will have the usual meeting with a couple of board
members. It's our opportunity to tell the board what's on our minds.
Are there issues you would like raised? Don't think the reason for
this meeting is to complain (or only to complain...), positive ideas
for the future welcome.

Some of the topics we've been interested in should see updated policy
documents over the next few weeks (operational plan and budget for
sure, perhaps new gTLDs) so can hold off on those for a while.

Couple of things I'm thinking about:

I would like them to comment on is keeping budget lines open to
enable implementing any recommendations from the ALAC review in
FY2010.

To recommend/discuss making the agenda of a future ICANN meeting
(Seoul?) attractive to user/non-commercial interests (as Paris was
oriented to business interests.) As well as helping ALAC, could be
important both to build the GNSO non-commercial stakeholder's group,
and increasing non-commercial, particularly consumer organizations
(mentioned in all kinds of different sources) in ICANN

I know people have been keen to develop a "registrants bill of
rights". Anyone comment on this, I don't know where we're at with
this.

Thanks,

Adam