[EURO-Discuss] [Fwd: Clarifications Regarding Staff Summary-Analysis of Stakeholder Group Charter Public Forum]

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Sat Aug 8 05:10:59 CDT 2009

Nick, Rob

Thanks for the response, but it doesn't directly
answer the question asked on the EA RALO call.

I read the caution and disclaimer in the staff
summary, I expect Bill did too.  But the
particular quote from Cheryl's comment uses the
words "we" and "our", hence, I think, the
confusion.  The relevant part of the summary
again:

>"Finally, although the majority of comments were
>strongly in support of returning to the original
>NCUC Charter version, ALAC favored the SIC's
>NCSG Charter that, ³best meets the aims of the
>new GNSO Model and the Boards criteria, which we
>support, and believe is (with the additional
>version changes as at July 19th ) being
>essentially met.² Continuing in this vein, ALAC
>noted, ³Maturity and development of the new
>design GNSO and specifically the parity and
>viability of the User House will benefit greatly
>with the “fresh start°o this Charter in our
>opinion provides and it should be noted that in
>it we can see that the opinions and views
>brought forward in our processes, activities and
>meetings on the matter have been recognised,
>heard and considered.² "

and as I said, I understood Bill's question as:
is this an official ALAC position?  Yes or no.

What is the answer?

From your reply it seems to be no. Correct? And
if the answer is no I hope we can simply say so
on the public forum and to the Board who received
the summary.

And yes, using "ALAC "to identify Cheryl's
comments is of course confusing, ALAC has meaning
as we all well know.

(Sending this to the ALAC list where I sent my
email rather than ALAC internal and including my
original message so context is still understood.)

Thanks,

Adam