wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Wed Sep 24 05:24:14 EDT 2008
European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG.org)
Strasbourg, 20-21 October 2008
Hosted by the Council of Europe Room G03, AGORABuilding, Strasbourg
Confirmed Speakers/Participants (inter alia):
· Erika Mann, Member of the European Parliament
· Maud de Boer Bucquicchio, Deputy Secretary General of the Council of Europe
· Richard Sweteham, European Commission DG InfoSoc
· Markus Kummer, IGF Executive Secretary,
· Bertrand de la Chappelle, Envoy of the Information Society of the French Foreign Ministry
· Yrjö Lensipuro, Finish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, ICANN GAC
· Benoit Mueller, Business Software Alliance
· Ilkka Lakaniemi, Nokia Siemens Networks
· Ayesha Hassan, International Chamber of Commerce, BASIS
· Emilie Taylor, NOMINET
· Anette Muehlberg, ver.di, ICANN/ALAC
· Avri Doria, Lulea Technology University, ICANN GNSO
· Wolfgang Kleinwächter, University of Aarhus
· Bill Drake, Graduate Institute for Higher International and Development Studies in Geneva
1. Platform to discuss and shape European multi-stakeholder perspectives on Internet governance (universal access, security, privacy and openness on the Internet, critical Internet resources).
2. Priority given to moderated audience-led discussion (no formal presentations/powerpoints) between all stakeholders (representatives of business, civil society, governments, international organisations, etc.).
3. Visibility to and linking of different European initiatives related to Internet governance, including planned European-led workshops held at the global Internet Governance Forum (IGF) 2008 in Hyderabad, India.
4. Reach out to/for European actors who will not be able to participate in the 2008 IGF in India.
5. Discuss future plans and initiatives for European dialogue on Internet governance.
6. Report back to the 2008 IGF in India about European perspectives and initiatives
There is no Conference fee but participants should register under www.eurodig.org <http://www.eurodig.org/>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Programme 2 09 2008.doc
Size: 29696 bytes
Desc: Programme 2 09 2008.doc
Url : http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/euro-discuss_atlarge-lists.icann.org/attachments/20080924/4ff2f6de/attachment-0001.doc
More information about the EURO-Discuss