[EURO-Discuss] user_s summit 2009 and icann committment to be user oriented

Annette Muehlberg Annette.Muehlberg at web.de
Thu Jun 26 13:08:20 EDT 2008

All,

We finally made it and will be able to organize a userŽs summit in Mexico, March 2009!

I think it would be great if we could make sure, that the userŽs summit will not be something seperated from the ICANN Meeting. Instead, ICANN should show its committment to strengthen its bottom up structure and be user oriented in all its policies.

For the public discussion my proposal is, to approach all icann bodies - such as the board, various committees, the advisory councils, the ICANN supporting organisations and their constituencies as well as icann staff. We should ask them - throughout the whole icann meetings whenever they give a public presentations - to explain what the respective issues/ policy proposals mean for the internet end-user.

I think implementing such a procedure would be a great step forward.

Best greetings and many thanks to all, who have been working very hard to make the summit possible.

Annette