[EURO-Discuss] Voting procedure for ALAC seats

Roberto Gaetano roberto at icann.org
Sat May 19 19:27:38 EDT 2007

Thomas Roessler wrote:

> Your statement was one particular view as to how elections
> are to be conducted.  Others might disagree.
>
> Very frankly, I don't think you should be pushing this
> particular kind of discussion from the staffer's seat.

Sure.

Can you show any election (I mean, a serious one, not some banana republic
one) where the rules of the game are changed during the elections?

Incidentally, can we have a list of who can speak, as we have for the time
being already excluded Nick, as staff, and yours truly, as Board member, but
you still have said nothing to comment the proclaim I have referenced in my
previous email (attached again, in case it was forgotten), that you have
carefully avoided to comment? Is this behaviour by a former ALAC Chair
acceptable?

If a banana republic is the model you have for EURALO, that's probably what
you will get. But then you will have difficulties to acquire any
credibility.

Your choice.

Cheers,
Roberto