[EURO-Discuss] All ALSes Have Now Signed the MoU!

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Fri May 11 07:02:26 EDT 2007

Dear All:

With the digital signature of FITUG this monring (thanks Hanno), all
ALSes have now signed the MoU. I think this is a positive milestone
for Europe - one which has been worked towards for years - and one
which I hope all of you welcome.

There is therefore no reason to hold a vote on whether or not non-MoU
parties can vote in this election, since there are at present no such
organisations.

However, the construction of the vote on the main questions - ALAC
members, number of board seats, and the board members - is still being
prepared in the voting software, so it will not begin at Noon UTC
today as we still need to finish testing it to ensure that it does
work as described.

What we can do is to start the vote at Noon UTC on the day when it is
ready, and run it for the same length of time as it would have run if
it started today - 5 days.

I cannot precisely say which day this will be - we may need some
advice from the software provider; we may not - and it is Friday
today.

--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart