[EURO-Discuss] follow our own bylaws

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Wed May 9 14:48:04 EDT 2007

Stefan and others,

We were only 5 people who cared to make time available to participate in
the teleconference. A substantial part of the ALSes did not attend the
Lisbon meeting either.
Is it really still useful to hold meetings of all sorts, if all we hear
afterwards are the criticisms of those who did not attend them ?

The recommendation from the teleconference is to have a limited board
that works.  Not a board that can give everyone a title to add on
his/her business card. We are not here to send "political signals". We
are just a technical committee, supposed to discuss the way DNS and IP
address resources are allocated in the interest of the broader Internet
user community.

To make things a bit easier, I hereby announce that I will decline to be
an Euralo board member, if I was not elected to one of the two ALAC
seats.  This is my voluntary contribution to make the board more efficient.
> Additionally I would object to the recommendation to let only the
> signers of the MoU vote. All accredited ALSes should have the right to
> vote, as it was discussed earlier.
Our feeling during the teleconference is that every right has a
corresponding duty: the right to vote implies the duty to be bound by
the MoU.

Patrick