[EURO-Discuss] RALO next steps?

Jacqueline A. Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Mon Jun 25 11:44:46 EDT 2007

Paul Twomey just mentioned in his President’s report the need for the RALOs
to get going quickly on input to the policy processes of ICANN. He also
mentioned this in both RALO meetings on Sunday.

We should not focus exclusively on building up heavy structures, creating
documents, rules and procedures, but we should focus on and move ahead on
obtaining and transmitting the end user perspective on the main issues that
are on the table at ICANN right now. Some of these are:

·        Protection of Registrants in relation to Registrars (RAA
amendments)

·        IPv6

·        IDNs

·        DNSSEC

·        gTLD process

·        ICANN Geographic Regions (a joint interest with the ccNSO)

Most of these will be the subject of workshops or tutorials this week. For
those of you who are here in San Juan, please make time to attend the
sessions. Remote participation is available for most of the sessions as
well.

ALAC members who have focused on some of these issues, building specialties
in certain issues, will also be available to discuss the issues with you if
you want. We have also created  At Large working groups on some of these
issues, and you can find this information  at
https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?at_large_policy_working_groups

Thanks everyone

Jacqueline

PS:

Can AP and AF members forward this to those lists? (Alice, Hawa, Mohammed,
Cheryl, Siavash, Izumi) I’ve not got access to those lists as yet – working
on it.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:33 AM