[EURO-Discuss] Things to discuss

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Wed Jul 11 10:29:56 EDT 2007

Can someone please tell me why we are having a vote when there is
only one candidate for elections? This doesn't make sense to me. I
hope you'll all understand this isn't meant to be critical, but I
have little admin support for the next several weeks and I really
have to prioritise what I spend time on. It is hard to for me to
understand how an election with only one candidate for each position
is even possible - the outcome is predetermined. That's like a
communist-era election in the Soviet union with only one candidate,
surely?