[EURO-Discuss] Things to discuss

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Mon Jul 9 04:05:08 EDT 2007

Desiree Miloshevic ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> In addition to selecting three most important issues, I would like to
> see Euralo take a lead on getting rid of some outdated gTLD policies,
> such as the 5 day registration grace period - which IMHO does not serve
> any real purpose anymore. I think we can work through ALAC to build
> consensus with other constituencies on this issue before and at the next
> ICANN meeting.

This is being discussed right now on the global At Large list. BTW, I
would recommend that people also join that list - it's helpful for
discussions that have a global flavour.

> Regarding the meeting suggestions, Sunday, Sept 2nd, 13 - 6pm before the
> IGF meeting in Geneva works for me.
>
> What is the status of the working co-chairs?

If I get it well, there is consensus that Wolf will be the Chair for
this initial term, with Jeanette supporting him, so that we don't have
to enter into yet another discussion on Bylaws interpretation etc. Of
course, if someone else wants to be a candidate, he/she should just say
so in the next couple of days.

In the meantime, if it is ok with everyone, I would ask Nick to set up a
simple online voting booth for the nine Board members, so that we can
formally elect the Chair.
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------