[EURO-Discuss] Things to discuss

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Sat Jul 7 10:53:40 EDT 2007

Hi Jeanette and all,

It is indeed time for the board to move forward in selecting its
officers. It is unfortunate this has not happened earlier.

This is one of the reasons I think it would be a bad idea to wait
longer. I am with Nick that there needs to be a teleconference at the
earliest convenience of the board members.
Postponing that to a face to face meeting, where possibly only some of
the board members and/or ALSes will be able to attend, is not a good
idea, IMHO.

My personal opinion on the role of the board is that it can only be
coordinative at this stage. An initializing role would require more
investment in time and energy from the board members. My feeling is that
people have other priorities right now and cannot afford to spend much
time on the Euralo, if the past two months are any indication.

As to the work plan, I guess this is mostly driven by the ALAC agenda. I
suggest our representatives to the ALAC draft a detailed plan of which
issues are at hand, deadlines for position statements, etc. In order to
avoid having only the opinion of the 6 or 7 people participating in this
list, I also suggest to use an online polling system to identify the
opinon of ALSes.

Best

Patrick