[EURO-Discuss] Things to discuss

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Sat Jul 7 10:51:55 EDT 2007

Jeanette Hofmann ha scritto:
> and if it's the only candidate we consider him/her elected... or,
>> if you prefer, we can cast our votes in private in the online system,
>> so that there is a track of a formal vote.
>
> Personally, I prefer a vote to ensure that there is sufficient support
> for Wolf and for me. But I won't insist on it.

Ok, I think we can ask Nick to set up the voting system, as he did for
the vote in May.
Should we try to do this in the next couple of weeks? I think that once
we have a Chair, we also have someone who can proceed, for example, with
publishing the call we were talking about.
Also, do we want a mailing list for the Board, or do we want to conduct
our business on this list?

> I think a face to face meeting is important to establish a more trustful
> and constructive working atmosphere. So far, we've argued most of the
> time and disagreed on almost everything. In my experience, face to face
> meetings do help to overcome such deadlocks.
> It goes without saying that a face to face meeting needs an agenda, yes.
> I've been told that ICANN would fund a board meeting if all board
> members agree that such a meeting is necessary.

There were some talks with Wolfgang about turning the Studienkreis
meeting into a major outreach meeting for the At Large in Europe. In
that case, I think that ICANN could support the travel of the Board to
Warsaw, perhaps even of all the ALSes (not sure - but we should have a
GA before the end of the year, right?).
Is October too far away in time, however?

(Also, there will be an ICANN meeting in Europe in June 2008, so that
should be the time/place for our 2008 GA.)

Ciao,
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------