[EURO-Discuss] Things to discuss

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Sat Jul 7 09:15:02 EDT 2007

Jeanette Hofmann ha scritto:
> 1 EURALO board:
> * We need to elect chairs
> * We need to clarify the role of the board (is it of a more coordinative
> nature or is its role an initializing one?)

I would refrain from further procedural discussions (also, no other
region is making things as complex as us). If we can live with the
Bylaws we have (and it was already hard to agree on them), I would
suggest that you two pick the person who can be the Chair for this first
year, and if it's the only candidate we consider him/her elected... or,
if you prefer, we can cast our votes in private in the online system, so
that there is a track of a formal vote. Also I think that the issue of
"who gets 2-year terms" is easy, the five most voted get two years, the
others get one.

> 2 Work plan
> * We need to discuss what issues we want to adress in the coming months
> and we need to agree on what our priorities are. I guess we all agree
> that we won't be able to cover all the topics ICANN is dealing with. We
> need to be selective, and it would be good to have a discussion on this
> list on what matters to us and why.

We could specifically ask all ALSes to suggest the three most important
ICANN-related issues that they see, for example. Also, some of us should
participate in the ALAC working groups on various issues, that are going
to start working soon.

> 3 Board meeting
> * The Euralo Board should meet after (or during?) the summer break.
> Where and when? In combination with another meeting? Two possibilities
> come to mind:
> ** We could meet in Geneva on the first weekend in September preceding
> the next open consultation of the IGF.
> ** We could meet in mid October in Warsaw at Wolfgang's
> Studienkreismeeting (Oct. 10/11).
>

> What do people think?

We should meet when we have an agenda that requires an in-person
meeting... I have no funding to go either to Geneva or to Warsaw, for
example. We should perhaps start by using conference calls, which are
less costly.

Ciao,
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------