[EURO-Discuss] [APAC-Discuss] [At-Large] Independent At-Large Website

Nick Ashton-Hart nick.ashton-hart at icann.org
Fri Jul 6 12:31:46 EDT 2007

I believe you all will find that the new website, composed as it will
be of many dynamic elements, for example:

* Links to external blogs - so the views of anyone and everyone who
has a blog will be immediately reflected in the site
* Real-time two-way integration between the forums on the site and
the At-Large mailing lists

Since the site will use keywords to show blog, announcement, and
forum/mailing list postings on pages which are relevant to the
content. So, for example, if you are on a meeting page, and there
have been forum or blog postings relevant to that meeting, they'll
appear on the page dynamically.

Notices of meetings, meeting agendas, documents related to meetings,
etc will be immediately available on the site just as they now are on
the wikis - so no delays in postings like we have seen in the past.

The design of the new site was deliberately based around the concept
that the site for a constituency should reflect that constituency's
views, and allow dynamic content development in a way that the
current architecture does not. In fact, the process of posting
content to the new site will in many ways be simpler than what is
currently the case for icannalac.org.