[EURO-Discuss] [EURO-Staff] Towards EURALO: A Proposed Roadmap

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu.org
Thu Jan 11 10:42:29 EST 2007

Thomas Roessler ha scritto:
> On 2007-01-11 14:42:27 +0000, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:
>

>>I am informed by more than one lawyer in Germany that there are
>>some legal documents associated with formation of a company that
>>must be in German. Which is why we are left with Switzerland and
>>the UK...
>

> May I suggest applying the procedure outlined in RFC 2777 to the
> choice of country, and being done with it, then?  This discussion
> doesn't lead *anywhere*.

I don't know RFC 2777 so I'll go and read it, but I want to support
Thomas's point about letting this discussion go - personally, any
country with reasonable costs and legislation is fine with me (including
Germany). My requisite is that there are adequate provisions for
geographical diversity in the Bylaws - if they are there, then the
country of incorporation has little relevance (even if it is true that
most of us wouldn't be able to read legal documents in German, so having
everything in English is an advantage to be considered - but then, let's
see pros and cons of all options we have).