[EURO-Discuss] ALAC Candidates

Patrick Vande Walle patrick at vande-walle.eu
Sun Apr 29 15:06:06 EDT 2007

Thomas Roessler wrote:/
/
> /To be frank, I'd find it a strange move to have two folks wearing
> ISOC hats as EURALO's choices to ALAC.  I'd rather see that more
> balanced; in practice, that would mean that we should appoint
> Veronica and either Sebastien or you./
/I see nothing in the MoU or bylaws that support this vision. The MoU
only states that "//The selected representatives must be members of
different ALSes, must have their principal residence in different
countries of the region and their nationalities must be different, save
always that the EURALO may define additional diversity requirements"

Both Sébastien and myself fit the definition. We are from different
countries, different nationalities //and different ALSes//.
I do not know which ALS Veronica is a member of, although according to
the MoU she would have to be. I guess she will tell us.

As for the diversity criteria, the MoU makes it clear they are an option
and that they should be defined beforehand.
/

--
Patrick Vande Walle
Check my blog at http://patrick.vande-walle.eu