[EURO-Discuss] ALAC nominations

Max Senges senges at uno-komitee.de
Sat Apr 28 16:28:53 EDT 2007

Dear list

Allow me to contribute two short points regarding the upcoming decision
regarding the ALAC member representing Europe

#1 wouldn't it facilitate the decision making process if the candidates
would a) properly present themselves (why they think they are well prepared
for the job) and b) within reason outline what their plans/priorities are. I
believe this would enable participants who did not have the chance to get to
know the candidates before to cast a more informed vote.

#2 After reviewing the candidates statements i endorse Veronica Cretu's
candidacy. I like that she is from a new european country and I believe it
would be valueable to have someone with her perspecive who can bring up
issues we might not even be aware of. With her language competencies she is
also well prepared for outreach activities triggering more participation
from this region.

Best regards
Max

"I am a wanderer and mountain-climber, said he to his heart. I love not the
plains,
and it seemeth I cannot long sit still.

And whatever may still overtake me as fate and experience- a wandering will
be therein,
and a mountain-climbing: in the end one experienceth only oneself."

					(Friedrich Nietzsche, Also spoke
Zarathustra)

Max Senges
Research Associate
Internet Interdisciplinary Institute (IN3)
Av. Canal Olímpic s/n, Edifici B3
08860 CASTELLDEFELS (Barcelona) SPAIN

PhD Candidate
Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC)