[EURO-Discuss] Nominations

Jeanette Hofmann jeanette at wzb.eu
Tue Apr 17 08:41:14 EDT 2007

Hi,

thank you, Wolfgang, for nominating me. I needed to think about the
nomination for a while, since, as some of you know, I have always been
very much against a regionally structured at large membership. Moreover,
I have always argued for an at large membership based mainly on
individual instead of organizational participation.

Yet, I accept the nomination for a board seat despite the fact that I
oppose ALAC's/ EURALO's structure. There is just one reason why I run
for a board seat of EURALO. I want ICANN's at large membership to become
a home for meaningful and direct, that is unfiltered and
non-hierarchical participation by individuals.

For those of you who don't know me: I got involved with ICANN in summer
2000 during the at large elections. On behalf of ALAC I served twice on
the NomCom. During WSIS I co-chaired, together with Adam Peake, for two
years the Internet Governance Caucus. Right now, I am a member of the
advisory group that helps preparing the Internet Governance Forum. As a
daytime job, I work as a researcher with a public academic institute in
Berlin, Germany.

Best, Jeanette