[EURO-Discuss] European Region WiKi

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at spamcop.net
Tue Dec 5 14:01:41 CST 2006

Hello all!

You're about to get an invitation to a new Wiki that's been setup for
the European Region - actually, every region is getting one - which
is setup in a 'fishbowl' mode.

The idea is that all ALSes can edit the site, but the general public
can only view it.

Before too long, the www.euralo.org website will point to the wiki.

Why?

Simple - so the community can manage and maintain its own online
home, allowing those it wishes to edit to be able to do so, and
giving the general public open transparent access without the
problems of bots erasing work, or adding porn, which we now
experience on the WECANN! wiki.

Once everyone has an account I would very much like to move the RALO
documents over to this wiki. The bot activity on the WECANN site is
getting worse. The last updates I did a few weeks ago I actually had
to do twice - bots came in and changed the text literally during my
edits.

This is another step - the mailing lists being the first - in
providing transparent, user-manageable information tools. We hope you
like it!
--
Regards,

Nick Ashton-Hart