[EURO-Discuss] [ALAC] Community Feedback on Proposed models for RDS - by the end of January

Wilkinson mail at christopherwilkinson.eu
Sat Jan 20 18:52:29 UTC 2018

Good evening:  From a cursory reading of about 50 pages on this matter that have appeared in the past ten days, it would seem to me that Model 3 is the most consistent with the ALAC 2017 comment on WHOIS waivers. (An issue that pre-dates GDPR).
Regarding Model 3, I do not understand the point about field-by-field analysis for personal data
Regarding Hamilton III, I have never understood the rationale for giving 'intellectual property lawyers' privileged access to registration data on a par with law enforcement.

Thankyou Olivier for drawing all this to our attention. Thankyou Holly for your detailed analysis and recommendations. I have posted a reply to the wiki along the above lines.
Regards
Christopher Wilkinson - 20 January.
PS:  Since all these issues were clearly already on the table at ICANN60, it is really not on for ICANN to publish their Models on 12 January and to bounce the community, world wide, into responding within less than three weeks! Fortunately delays for replies are usually extended.