[EURO-Discuss] Should EURALO sign a petition? Should you?

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 21 22:06:40 UTC 2018

My personal opinion is that the question is not about the budget cuts - if cuts are needed, let it be so - but how the cuts are affecting the different stakeholders. The question for me is whether the impact of the cuts on the different stakeholder groups is fair or whether there is one part of the community that is affected more than others.
Still, the question of whether a petition is in order or not holds. But on the other question, that is whether the affected communities should raise the issue, my position is “Yes, definitively”.
Andrei is right. We need data. What is the foreseeable consequence of this budget cut on internet users? My personal opinion is that in the users community most of the outreach is through the means that are now been reduced. This will simply mean that we put further obstacles to user participation. But we need more than just personal opinions if we want to build a case.
Cheers,
Roberto