[EURO-Discuss] Important consultation about At-Large Review - your voice matters

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Mar 1 09:34:18 UTC 2017

Dear Colleagues,

I would like to follow-up on our Monthly call yesterday
(https://community.icann.org/x/EYjRAw ), focussing especially on the
At-Large Review. This is a very important process, as it has the
potential to induce deep structural changes to our community, including
the status of At-Large Structures (ALSes) and individual members. At
present, the report from the independent evaluator has been published
and requires your input.

The public consultation ( https://community.icann.org/x/R5PRAw )
contains a link to the report as well as a set of questions asked to the
Community. A two-pronged approach was determined by the At-Large Review
Working Party and the RALO Chairs:

1 - a Statement from the RALOs, providing a response from a RALO and ALS
perspective

This is currently in a Google document. Please be so kind to comment
directly on the document: http://bit.ly/2lN32uN
As this is the primary coordinated response from RALOs, please take some
time to comment on this. We need your input as soon as possible to reach
a consensus response.
Once we have good input, RALO Leadership will come together and amend
the response accordingly. Each RALO will seek endorsement from its ALSes
according to its own procedures.

2 - a Statement from the ALAC, providing a response from an ALAC perspective

At the bottom of the At-Large public consultation page is a first draft
from Alan Greenberg which I invite you to comment on. You may also
comment directly on the Google document: http://bit.ly/2loTG3D

It is also encouraged that you, as members of EURALO, would respond
directly to the public consultation.

If you have any questions about the At-Large Review, please do not
hesitate to ask me directly.

Kindest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
EURALO Chair