[EURO-Discuss] WG: Regional Advice needed (Austrian Computing Society Association)

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Mon May 9 20:28:59 UTC 2016

Dear all,

coming back to my previous mail from last week in this matter (see below). Meanwhile, I have seen some clarifying questions on the candidate by some members, particularly from Sébastien and Christopher, asking about the differences between the WZRI (Vienna Centre for Legal Informatics) and the Austrian Computing Society Assoc. and their membership which were answered by Erich Schweighofer, representing WZRI. But I haven’t understood these questions as formal objections after more infos were provided by Erich accordingly.

If my interpretation is right, there were no formal objections from our members during the consultation period until Sunday, 8 May regarding the application of the Austrian Computing Society Assoc., based in Vienna, Austria, and our regional advice to ALAC therefore will be *positive* = recommending to certify the applicant.

Thanks and kind regards,
Wolf

Wolf Ludwig wrote Mon, 02 May 2016 18:47:
>Dear all,
>
>as you may have noticed, we received an ALS application from the Austrian Computing Society Association based in Vienna some time ago. Meanwhile, Staff conducted the usual due diligence procedure. And as ALAC usually proceeds with applications, our community / EURALO is now asked for its regional advice on the applicant before a decision / certification will be taken by ALAC.
>
>Just FYI, I know the applicant by various personal contacts since summer 2014 and they have participated in some ICANN meetings.
>
>If no objections regarding this application will be raised on this list until *Sunday 8 May*, our regional advice to ALAC will be positive = recommending to certify the applicant. Thanks for your consideration and
>
>kind regards,
>Wolf
>

>Nathalie Peregrine sent Mon, 2 May 2016 13:16:
>>Dear Wolf,
>>

>>On the 6th March 2016, we received an EURALO ALS application from OCG.
>>
>>Please find the Due Diligence form attached.
>>

>>We kindly ask you to provide us with the regional advice for this ALS in your capacity as EURALO Secretary. Your advice will support the ALAC review on this application.
>>

>>According to our timeline for ALS applications the due date for the regional advice was the 27th March 2016, we experienced delays in exchanging with the applicant. Ideally therefore, to remain within the 3 month timeline set for ALS applications, Regional Advice received with a deadline of the 16th May 2016 would be perfect. If EURALO community members need further deliberation time, this can, of course, be extended.
>>

>>We would like to remind you that the DD form could contain sensitive information. Please read the form carefully and do not send to third parties
>>
>>Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine, Terri Agnew and Yeşim Nazlar
>>ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
>>E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
>>Website: atlarge.icann.org<https://atlarge.icann.org/>
>>Facebook: www.facebook.com/icann<https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>atlarge<https://www.facebook.com/icannatlarge>
>>Twitter: @<https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>ICANNAtLarge<https://twitter.com/ICANNAtLarge>
>>[unknown.png]
>>

>EuroDIG Secretariat
>http://www.eurodig.org/
>mobile +41 79 204 83 87
>Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
>
>Swiss IGF
>http://swiss-igf.ch
>
>EURALO - ICANN's Regional At-Large Organisation
>http://euralo.org
>
>Profile on LinkedIn
>http://ch.linkedin.com/in/wolfludwig

EuroDIG Secretariat