[EURO-Discuss] Searching for volunteer to the ICANN Community Document Development and Drafting Resource Pilot Program (DDDPP)

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jul 27 17:16:36 UTC 2016

Dear EURALO colleagues,

one of the problems of our community is that whenever a request for
public consultation comes in, it is often very "dry" in that it asks the
question, but does not provide enough information to our community as to
why or how this could be important for end users.
As a result, we have a terrible response rate from ALSes to the public
consultation; only a very small subset of the At-Large's Community 200
ALSes actually takes part in the ICANN policy development through public
consultations. The DDDPP (yes, that's the darned name!) is a pilot
program to help resolve this problem.
The aim is to design, develop and launch an FY16 pilot program to assess
the potential, practical processes and mechanisms for providing ICANN
community groups with support
for the research, development, collaboration, drafting and editing of
documents for
submission within the policy development processes of ICANN.

In other words, it is a resource (a writer) who will help out explaining
how a specific piece of policy will affect end users.

It was agreed at the RALO meeting in Helsinki that at least 2 people
from each RALO should take part in the program. As I am involved in
policy, I volunteered to be one of these two people in EURALO. We need a
second volunteer, who is interested in Policy development, but who also
speaks good English as this is going to be work liaising with the person
who will be drafting the policy-related explanations for consultations.

Please email me as soon as possible if you would like to volunteer.
Kindest regards,

Olivier