[EURO-Discuss] EuroDIG - Info letter 9/16

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Wed Dec 21 11:15:11 UTC 2016

		Image_1

	Image_0

      TALLINN, 6-7 June 2017
Info letter no. 9/16

With this last info letter of the year we would like to wish you - more than
ever - a peaceful Christmas and a joyful start into 2017. Hopefully next
year will be a better one for Europe!

●       Summary of the IGF in Mexico from a regional perspective

Apart from the fact that this was one of the best organised IGFs, it was a
successful meeting for all national and regional IG initiatives (NRIs) as
well. NRIs had been given a three-hour main session and while it might be
seen a bit of an overload to invite more than 30 speakers, it was a strong
signal that the global IGF community recognise the value of independent
NRIs. This important session was well organised, thanks to a joint effort
between NRIs themselves, the IGF Secretariat, and the MAG.

Additionally NRIs met in a coordination session where
<https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/about/dsd/director> Mr Juwang Zhu,
Director of Division Sustainable Development, UN DESA was listening to the
specific perspectives and challenges NRIs are facing. He was very positive
about supporting NRIs in their future work. NRIs are seen as key
contributors to the IGF process by bringing up the topics truly bottom up -
and in Europe we have the biggest concentrations of NRIs!

Unfortunately the EuroDIG proposal for a session at the IGF was not selected
for inclusion in the programme, so we decided to invite European
stakeholders for some drinks instead and organised a quiz on the occasion of
the 10th anniversary of EuroDIGJ.

We held one reception together with the  <https://www.eifonline.org/>
European Internet Forum (EIF) and had the chance to connect with MEP’s
which participated in great numbers at the IGF.

Another chance to clink glasses was the drawing of the 10 winners of our
quiz, where all former EuroDIG hosts dedicated one typical present from
their counties. Most former hosts could even hand over the present
personally. All gifts found their way to the winners, either during that
evening or the day after. The first price went to Zack Coleman from the UK.
He won the trip to Tallinn! Find here some
<https://www.flickr.com/gp/euro-ssig/747485> impressions from our activities
at the booth and during the socials.

But before this year is over:

●       Take part in the SEEDIG and EuroDIG - Call for issues…

…and let us know which topics you would like to discuss next year. The
<http://www.eurodig.org/get-involved/call-for-issues/> call for issues is
open and we are looking forward to receive submission until 31 December 2016
/ 24:00 UTC.

●       Register now for the public planning meeting on 31 January in
Tallinn…

…and discuss the clustering of all submitted issues, the overarching theme
and a first draft programme! The meeting is open for everyone but online
<https://www.eurodig.org/get-involved/planning-meeting/?no_cache=1>
registration is mandatory.

Subscribe / unsubscribe for the newsletter
<http://www.eurodig.org/about/newsletter/> here or follow us on twitter
@_eurodig!

  _____

European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG)

 <mailto:office at eurodig.org> office <mailto:office at eurodig.org> @
<mailto:office at eurodig.org> eurodig <mailto:office at eurodig.org> .
<mailto:office at eurodig.org> org
 <http://www.eurodig.org> www <http://www.eurodig.org> .