[EURO-Discuss] EURALO GA

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Apr 24 20:05:52 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

this is to let you know that due to popular request, this year's General
Assembly (GA) will take place at the ICANN meeting in Helsinki. I have
asked At-Large Staff to give us 2 hours for the GA. Will that be enough?
I also need to remind you that having a GA does *not* mean that ALS
representatives will be funded to attend the ICANN meeting in Helsinki.
We were funded last year for Dublin. On the contrary, this year, I
expect the majority of participants to join in remotely.
Kindest regards,

Olivier

On 24/04/2016 21:03, Christopher Wilkinson wrote:
> Fully agree: EURALO members are primarily responsible for European At Large input to ICANN at all levels. Best to get as many as possible to go to Helsinki.
> Notwithstanding, looking forward to seeing everyone at EuroDIG in Brussels 9-10 June!
>
> Regards
>
> Christopher
>

> On 24 Apr 2016, at 19:22, Annette Muehlberg <egov at annette-muehlberg.de> wrote:
>
>> totally agree
>> + 1
>> Annette
>>
>> Am 11.04.2016 um 16:14 schrieb Mikhail Medrish:
>>> @Roberto +1
>>>
>>> Mikhail Medrish

>>> <mailto:roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com>>:
>>>
>>>    I understand that there is a discussion ongoing about the location
>>>    of this year's GA, at EuroDIG or ICANN.
>>>    My personal opinion is that we should hold the GA at ICANN meetings
>>>    in the years when there is an ICANN meeting in Europe, and at
>>>    EuroDIG (or other appropriate venue, if any) in the other years.
>>>    To be at ICANN meetings gives the opportunity to participate to the
>>>    policy development process in a better way than by remote access,
>>>    and the interaction with other participants will be very beneficial.
>>>    This has been clear for me also attending Marrakesh, when ALAC
>>>    newcomers, in particular some NGOs of the region, had the
>>>    opportunity to interact F2F with other stakeholders of the ICANN family.
>>>    Cheers,
>>>    Roberto
>>>
>>>    Inviato da iPad
>>>
>>>    Homepage for the region: http://www.euralo.org