[EURO-Discuss] Formal Invitation and proposed Agenda for EURALO's Dublin GA

William Drake wjdrake at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 08:29:36 UTC 2015

Hi Wolf

Thanks for this, all looks good.  One question: what is the game plan for Part 1 (content part on Public Interest)?  How do you want to organize that conversation to make it productive?  I’ve been party to a number of other discussions of this in ICANN which have been, well, rather exploratory and preliminary.  It might be good to have a structure to see if we can get beyond comparative Rorschach tests….

Are you inviting Nora to talk about what her team and the Board have been up to?

Best

Bill

> On Sep 28, 2015, at 11:25 PM, Wolf Ludwig <wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net> wrote:
>
> Dear all,
>
> as announced before, we would like to kindly invite you to EURALO’s next F2F General Assembly (GA) inline with the upcoming ICANN AGM in October in Dublin. This GA is convened for Wednesday, 21 October at the ICANN venue. Our next GA will be conducted in two parts – the timings are scheduled as follows:
>
> 10:30-12:00 = EURALO General Assembly Part 1 (content part on Public Interest)
> 12:00-14:00 = EURALO Lunch at external venue
> 15:45-17:30 = EURALO General Assembly part 2 (statutory part and elections)
> followed by
> 17:30-18:30 = European Coordination session, organized by Jean-Jacques Sahel, ICANN
> followed by
> 18:30-20:30 = a joint EURALO Networking and Outreach Event
> (a tough program as we are fully aware).
>
> According to our Bylaws, we have to circulate this formal Invitation three weeks prior to the event together with a proposed Agenda for the 2nd GA part (attached). This draft Agenda was discussed and decided during our last monthly calls and needs to be adopted at the GA itself. Any amendments are generally possible – BUT please keep in mind that the suggested items and time schedule are extremely tight already.
>
> Prior to the Dublin GA you will further receive
> - a copy of the EURALO Annual Report 2014-15
> besides some more and relevant documents for our discussions.
>
> An overview of all documents you will receive upon arrival in the Welcome Pack (hard copies and a stick prepared by At-Large Staff) you can find on our 2015 GA Workspace:
> https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/2015+EURALO+General+Assembly+at+ICANN+54+in+Dublin%2C+Ireland+Workspace
>
> I guess that all travel arrangements for confirmed members are accomplished by ICANN Constituency Travel by now, in case of any pending arrangements or further questions please let us know. Thanks for your consideration and
>
> kind regards,
> Wolf
>
> EuroDIG Secretariat
> http://www.eurodig.org/
> mobile +41 79 204 83 87
> Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
>
> EURALO - ICANN's Regional At-Large Organisation
> http://euralo.org
>
> Profile on LinkedIn
> http://ch.linkedin.com/in/wolfludwig<Draft-Agenda_EURALO-GA_2015_updated.docx>_______________________________________________

William J. Drake