[EURO-Discuss] EURALO Monthly Teleconference follow-up: EURALO Board Selection

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Sun Nov 22 12:02:30 UTC 2015

Dear all,

last week's EURALO monthly call recording is available from
https://community.icann.org/x/zrVYAw

We discussed the next step for the EURALO Board selection process.
The current candidates are listed here: https://community.icann.org/x/arBYAw

The list of EURALO Board candidates incl. country of ALS / residence for
individuals was reviewed. According to the performance criteria and
experiences over the last years, it was suggested and decided to reduce
the next Board to 5 members max. and preferably newcomers; Chair and
Secretariat are added as Ex-officio but not counted as Board members.
(and not included in any quota as given below)

*Consensus from all call participants was found on the following:*
It was agreed on the call that, *if there are no objections* on the
EURALO mailing list within the next 7 days:

1. The size of the EURALO Board will be 5 members, plus ex-officio, the
EURALO Chair and EURALO Secretary;
2. There should be a maximum limit of 1 Board member per country;
3. Each EURALO At-Large Structure will be given 5 votes that they will
need to cast on 5 people;
4. As is the usual custom in votes involving people, votes will take
place by secret ballot;
5. The Board will be selected for a two-years-term; and as a novelty:
not performing Board members can be recalled after one year to allow to
be replaced by better candidates.

The EURALO Board should be balanced but we had no consensus on having
direct absolute criteria for geographical (East/Western Europe) or
Gender criteria. As geographical and gender balance are important in our
region, I ask you to consider these issues when making your selection.

On the topic of Board recall, it was suggested that the matter be
decided in principle but that the exact circumstances and possibility to
replace someone on the Board be decided by EURALO members at a later
date. The discussion to make suggestions on this, is open. In the
meantime, it was felt that non performing Board members could be
replaced in the next election after 1 year. We collectively need to
decide what does "non performing" mean. Is this related to the number of
EURALO calls missed? IS this related to non action? Please make suggestions.

That's all for now. This is a 7 day consensus call that we'll proceed
forward on item 1 to 5 if there are no objections to the process which
received consensus on the call amongst those present.

Warmest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
EURALO Chair