[EURO-Discuss] EURALO BOARD selection

Subrenat, Jean-Jacques jjs at dyalog.net
Wed Nov 18 07:40:30 UTC 2015

I share Roberto's concerns and support his proposal.

Having been nominated (by Roberto) for a position on the EURALO Board, I would like to take this opportunity to share my views on the composition of the Board: as with good architecture, function precedes form. What are the requirements of a Board such as Euralo's? We need a Chair, a Vice- or Co-Chair to officiate when the Chair is not available, a Secretary (keeper of the records, drafter of reports), a Treasurer (usually required by regulation). There are 2 functions which might justify additional positions on the Board:
- Outreach;
- Legal and organizational issues.

Having been nominated for a position on the Euralo Board, and as someone who was not previously serving on it, it may be useful to provide, briefly, my recent and current work as a volunteer on Internet matters:
- Member, Board of Directors, ICANN (2007-10)
- Member, ALAC (2010-12, again 2012-14)
- Member, ICG Transition, appointed by ALAC (from the start of the ICG in 2014)
- Member of the Coordination Council, NetMundial Initiative, nominated by Euralo (since December 2014)
- Member, ISOC Chapters (France, Belgium, San Francisco Bay Area - the latter as its "global ambassador")
- Chair, IndividualUsers.org (elected in October 2015)

I'd be glad to answer questions, or provide additional information.

Best regards,
Jean-Jacques.