[EURO-Discuss] nomination for EURALO officers

Plamena Popova plam.popova at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 16:37:02 UTC 2015

Hello all,

I was driven by the above messages (and by my legal background of course)
to have a closer look to the bylaws again,

So a few questions were invoked.

First I am curious (it may be an ignorant question, but I prefer to receive
clarity) whether EURALO is indeed registered under any legal system of any
European country?
As Art. 1.1. states "1 The Association bears the name “ICANN European
Internet Users Forum” (hereinafter referred to as “The Association”) and
shall be registered as required by law"

So the question invoked is in order to clarify which law is in fact
applicable or shall be applicable (when and if registered) to the
Association.

As per the current situation (if understand it correctly) - Euralo
represents an association (if not registered) of organisations (legal
persons themselves) which activity is followed by norms (bylaws) whose
legal nature is quite uncertain.

The Memorandum with ICANN is signed by single organisations, not by EURALO
as a legal person.

So I think that there is a point to ask clarifications on the legal basis.

As per the other issues raised in the correspondence - I have some thoughts
on these also: Wolf is referring to 11.5.9. of the Bylaws - so I was
wondering whether the online voting for Secretariat in 2013 (after the GA
in Lisbon) represents a GA itself under the meaning of 11.7 of the bylaws
(pointing out specific requirements for a meeting online or other to be a
GA) or not.

I will appreciate your opinions and thoughts on the above. Once again -
apologies if these issues were already addressed in some way among members.

All the best,
Plamena