[EURO-Discuss] Congrats to Rena Tangens!

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Mon Jul 6 20:52:52 UTC 2015

Dear all,

this is just to inform you that one of our long-term members, Rena Tangens representing our German ALS DigitalCourage, was recently awarded with the federal consumer protection prize (Bundespreis Verbraucherschutz) for her stiff opposition to the reinstalement of data retention in Germany. BTW, Rena is also known as the "mother" of the annual Big Brother Award (launched in the year 2000) highlighting worst cases of data abuse ...

(Article in German only)
http://www.zeit.de/digital/datenschutz/2015-06/verbraucherschutz-bundespreis-rena-tangens-digitalcourage

My bows and congrats to Rena!

Best regards,