[EURO-Discuss] WG: Regional Advice needed ALS application 221 ISOC Russia Chapter

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Apr 8 23:39:16 UTC 2015

Thanks for this Wolf.

Looking at the list of Board members that I know personally, I see
Mikhail Yakushev whom as you know also wears an ICANN Regional Vice
President hat and who has been very helpful with our outreach in this
region. I also note Dmitry Burkov who has been to many ICANN and IGF
meetings as a member of the Executive Board of RIPE NCC, the Regional
Internet Numbers Registry for Europe. Dmitry co-founded the first ISPs
in Russia.
I have also met Fedor Smirnov in Budapest and we discussed the
application. It is a real pleasure to see the Chapter having been
created and being active to defend end user interests in a particularly
challenging environment.

I am therefore very confident that this ISOC Chapter has good leadership
and would have no objections at all (quite the contrary) to accepting
its certification by the ALAC.

Kindest regards,

Olivier (own views)

On 08/04/2015 21:02, Wolf Ludwig wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> as you may have seen before, we received an ALS application from ISOC Russia Chapter some time ago. Meanwhile, At-Large Staff conducted the usual DD procedure and asks EURALO for its Regional Advice now.
>
> As we usually proceed in this matter: If NO objections are raised on this list regarding the application of ISOC Russia Chapter, our Regional Advice will be positive = recommending the certification by ALAC. The deadline for this regional consultation is Tuesday, 14 April by midnight.
>
> Thanks for your advice and
> best regards,
> Wolf
>

> Nathalie Peregrine wrote Mon, 23 Mar 2015 21:51:
>> On the 25th February 2015, we received an EURALO ALS application from ISOC Russia Chapter
>>
>> Please find the Due Diligence form attached.
>>
>> We kindly ask you to provide us with the regional advice for this ALS in your capacity as EURALO Secretary. Your advice will support the ALAC review on this application.
>> According to our timeline for ALS applications, the due date for the regional advice is the 15th April 2015.
>>
>> We would like to remind you that the DD form could contain sensitive information. Please read the form carefully before sending it off to third parties.
>> Kind regards,
>>
>> Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Ariel Liang, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie Peregrine and Terri Agnew
>> ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
>> E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<applewebdata://68497759-1B04-4F9B-84B7-B9445B8F305F/Regards,%20Heidi%20Ullrich,%20Silvia%20Vivanco,%20Matt%20Ashtiani,%20Ariel%20Liang,%20Gisella%20Gruber,%20Nathalie%20Peregrine%20and%20Julia%20Charvolen%20ICANN%20Policy%20Staff%20in%20support%20of%20ALACmailto:staff@atlarge.icann.org>
>> Facebook: www.facebook.com/icann.atlarge<https://www.facebook.com/icann.atlarge>
>> Twitter: @ICANN_AtLarge<https://twitter.com/ICANN_AtLarge>
>>

> EuroDIG Secretariat
> http://www.eurodig.org/
> mobile +41 79 204 83 87
> Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
>
> EURALO - ICANN's Regional At-Large Organisation
> http://euralo.org
>
> Profile on LinkedIn
> http://ch.linkedin.com/in/wolfludwig

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD