[EURO-Discuss] EuroDIG Info letter 3/15 - Registration is now open!

sandra hoferichter info at hoferichter.eu
Thu Apr 2 14:12:16 UTC 2015

*Apologies for cross posting*

EuroDIG_Logo_medium.jpg

     Sofia 4-5 June 2015
Info letter no.3/15

"Shaping the Internet together"

.        Registration is now open

You can now register <http://www.eurodig.org/registration-form/>  for the
8th EuroDIG and the South Eastern European pre-event (SEEDIG) until 31 May
2015. It is free of charge and open for everyone. We can offer special hotel
prices for the main venue
<http://www.kempinski.com/en/sofia/hotel-zografski/welcome/> Kempinski Hotel
Marinela. Please find all details at the EuroDIG Sofia event page
<http://www.eurodig.org/eurodig-2015/> .

.        Have a look at the programme

The programme structure
<http://www.eurodig.org/fileadmin/user_upload/eurodig_Sofia/EuroDIG_2015_fin
al_programme_structure_20150320.pdf>  has been finalized now. It still needs
more specifications and tuned focus. Session titles are working titles -
except for the opening session "How can we shape the digital single market
together?". According to the list of proposals we related all respective
numbers to the proposed sessions in the programme outline. Additionally a
number of side events will be organised, which are of course open for
EuroDIG participants.

.        Join the session org teams!

The organising teams for each session have been created and they are just
about o start their work. If you are interested to participate in an org
team just let us know or visit the EuroDIG wiki
<http://www.eurodigwiki.org/> . This is the place where org teams publish
their work and where you can get involved in any session of your interest.
The wiki aims to keep all information and workflows in one place.
Additionally it increases the inclusiveness and transparency of the EuroDIG
process by allowing other interested people to join the teams at any time -
according to our slogan:

".always open, always inclusive and never too late to get involved"

We held recently a webinar about how to organize a session at EuroDIG. If
you are interested please have a look at the slides
<http://www.eurodig.org/fileadmin/user_upload/get_involved/EuroDIG_2015_sess
ion_planning_presentation_20150330.pdf>  or listen to the recording
<http://www.eurodig.org/fileadmin/user_upload/get_involved/Organising_a_sess
ion_at_EuroDIG-20150330_1210-1.zip> .

.        Focal point  / organising team for workshop on "Open source" needed

Open source was proposed as a topic to be discussed during the upcoming
EuroDIG. So far nobody agreed to take the lead on this session. Please
contact us if you like to organize a workshop about open source until 20
April 2015. If nobody volunteers will we remove this topic from the EuroDIG
programme.

.        Did you know.

.that Bulgaria is among the countries were most people celebrating Easter
according to the old Julian calendar which is one week later than the
Georgian calendar this year.

With this we wish you a happy Easter break all across Europe!

The EuroDIG team