[EURO-Discuss] New European Commission

Veronica Cretu veronicacretu at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 17:19:55 UTC 2014

Dear Wolf, colleagues - greetings!
On Andrus Asip - I know he was Prime Minister of Estonia for several years
now, and from colleagues in Estonia I heard very positive feedback about
him. Estonian digital agenda and e-transformation agenda was driven and
actively supported by him. Let's hope his contribution as Vice President/
Digital Single Market will be constructive indeed.

As ever,
Veronica

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM, Wolf Ludwig <wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net>
wrote:

> Thanks Christopher for this update on the new EC! As I don't know much
> about Andrus Ansip (EE), I can't comment on him. But I know Günther
> Oettinger (DE) from his previous time as governor of Baden-Württemberg (a
> German state) when he was sort of disaster. He represents an old-timer
> generation and "digital" seems like a loanword to him. Considering his
> political background, he won't be fit for this job and challenges.
>
> Just my 2 cents,
> Wolf
>

> Christopher Wilkinson wrote Wed, 10 Sep 2014 18:00:
> >Good afternoon:
> >Allow me to draw your attention to the announcement of the composition
> and portfolios of the new European Commission from the point of view of
> Digital Economy and Society, the Internet and Internet Governance.
> >
> http://ec.europa.eu/about/juncker-commission/commissioners-designate/index_en.htm
> >The Vice President of the Commission for the Digital Single Market will
> be Andrus Ansip (EE)
> >The Commissioner for Digital Economy and Society will be Günther
> Oettinger (DE). In particular his responsibilities include:
> >"Working with the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs
> and Security Policy/Vice-President to develop the relationship with
> strategic partners in order to build a global governance architecture for
> the Internet which is legitimate, transparent, accountable, sustainable and
> inclusive. This includes ensuring the Internet remains open, a driving
> force for innovation and an international resource that benefits the
> European economy and citizens."
> >I am sure that more detailed reporting and analysis will emerge in the
> next few days. Meanwhile, I thought that you might welcome a 'heads up' as
> to these developments..
> >Regards
> >Christopher Wilkinson
> >
> >Homepage for the region: http://www.euralo.org
> >

> EuroDIG Secretariat
> http://www.eurodig.org/
> mobile +41 79 204 83 87
> Skype: Wolf-Ludwig
>
> EURALO - ICANN's Regional At-Large Organisation
> http://euralo.org
>
> Profile on LinkedIn
> http://ch.linkedin.com/in/wolfludwig

*Veronica Cretu *

*President, Open Government Institute**Republic of Moldova
- http://opengov.si.md/ <http://opengov.si.md/>*

*Member of the Steering Committee, *
*Open Government Partnership (OGP);*
*http://www.opengovpartnership.org/about/steering-committee/role-and-current-membership
<http://www.opengovpartnership.org/about/steering-committee/role-and-current-membership>*

*Member of the Multistakeholder Advisory Group*
*To the Internet Governance Forum (IGF)*

*http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/component/content/article/1549
<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/>*

*Member of the Nominating Committee of ICANN*
*(Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbering)*

*http://www.icann.org/en/groups/nomcom/2014/members <http://www.icann.org>*

*Email: veronicacretu at gmail.com <veronicacretu at gmail.com> and/or
veronica at cretu.md <veronica at cretu.md>Skype: veronicacretu Phone: 373
067435000*