[EURO-Discuss] New hires @ ICANN responsible for Russia, Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) and Eastern Europe.

Subrenat, Jean-Jacques jjs at dyalog.net
Fri Mar 21 07:39:08 UTC 2014

Veronica +1.

Naturally, this is not at all a criticism of the new vice-president as a private person, nor as a professional. But as Veronica points out, in spite of itself ICANN may be sending the wrong message, at a time of heightened sensitivity.

In the same way, the brief tenure of a Chinese person as vice-president for Asia was perhaps not the best idea, whatever his talent and personal stature.

Nowadays, globalization requires ICANN to be attentive to more parameters than in the past.

Jean-Jacques.